For my communication class.

As the deadline for part one of our reflexive writing assignments approaches (today), I decided to share some of my feelings about class so far. Also, to say that I think I will be continuing MIND FLEEK for the next assignment, and possibly the third.
Anyways, onwards!

ASSIGNMENTS: These range from manageable to a bit difficult. I find that sometimes it's a little hard to understand the assignments fully, like the revising of those official guidelines or whatever. To me, that was frustrating and not particularly rewarding. I didn't get much out of it, and felt with the time limit, it would be hard to do so unless something was further explained, but I'm not sure once. I find the actual assignments are also a little hard to discern- sometimes I'm not sure what I'm supposed to do until a good amount of work time has passed.

READING: I'd like to see some more discussion about the reading we've been assigned, because right now, I'm doing the reading but find I could have skipped it and not have a problem in class. That can be a good thing, but sometimes I like to have some reinforcement in speaking form, since I'm an auditory learner primarily.

CLASS TIME: I like the different approaches to class each time, and the variety of activities we do. My least favorite classes are the ones where we go off and work on our own, and my favorites are the ones split with some discussion and demonstrations, but that's just because I'm a loser who can't interact with people properly. ...Um, moving on, I appreciate the casualness of class, and the fact that the demeanor is fairly relaxed. I can check my email for a few minutes or type my ideas down during class without the teacher biting off my head, and I can eat a snack in case my stomach is trying to digest itself.

OVERALL: It's good, but at the risk of sounding like a slave to the machine, I want to see some more structure? Maybe that's not what I mean. More like, I want clearer purposes. I'm fine with free reign, but I think it's surprising how much creativity can thrive with a few guidelines.

On the topic of MIND FLEEK, I'm a little paranoid about the reception of this project, but I feel like I did a fair amount of posts and presented enough ideas. Heading forward, I want to try focusing a little more on subjects related to class, but it just seems really...broad. Well, this is the first thing I've ever done like this, so I'm learning, slowly but surely.

0 comments



Post a Comment