For my communication class.

© desude. 2009.

I tasted power today, when I temporarily stood in for the abandoned reception desk at XXXXXX, an office located somewhere within Ringling. The phone rang only twice (three times if you count the call I missed while answering another call...cue staring at the blinking SECOND CALL alert, only to snap back to reality when the other line questioned my slack jawed silence...Let's pretend that one didn't happen), but I think I probably hung up on one trying to transfer the call, and made the other one go to the wrong voicemail.

...If it was important, they'd call back, right?
Suffice to say, I spent the rest of the time cringing every time someone seemed to be walking towards the office (considering the location, a lot of the time), hoping it wasn't the enraged caller come to beat my face in with the telephone.

I then had a marvelous conversation with somebody. This was probably helped by my nervousness about...um...possibly hanging up on potentially important people? When I'm nervous, I'm a great talker. I'm friendly, witty, and quick minded. Maybe I should be nervous more often! Sure, I look like I have the jitters, my skin gets corpse pale, and my breathing becomes erratic ("Must...not...breathe...it's socially unacceptable!"), but I'm just the life of the party. ...That's just my perception though. It's quite possible I'm imagining this as my mind's way of protecting me from the reality: I come off as a total serial killer.


it puts the lotion in the basket or it gets the hose again!!

0 comments



Post a Comment